View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #117
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: my 98' Streetrod build

The feeling that not much interest in "late model hot rods" didn't fall on deaf ears at my house. Your truck is "off the chain" as my grandkids would say....then laugh out loud when the hear me say it.

John Gilbert, Editor of Custom Classic Trucks, should jump on yours for the build as well as when it is done. He used the phrase "Late Model Classics" for the 88-98's, while not really wanting to be the person to "name" a genre of vehicles. Let's face it, this series of trucks pretty much spawned the Sport Truck movement when they were introduced in '87. Your truck (to me) represents mucho of what the hobby is about.

Now, for that blue color, with the black wheels, Y3......

My first car was a '54 Ford Customline 2-dr sedan, nosed, decked, bar grille, '56 Olds tail light lenses, no bumper guards, blue park lenses, all interior metal painted white and running a set of Smitty glasspacks on a dual exhaust system from the 239OHV engine. It had a set of 4-bar Lancers on it and was painted '56 Dodge Royal Metallic Blue. Wheels? Black. So, your pic of the '54 Chevy painted that blue color really hit home with me. Probably the black wheels also had a bit of influence, too. That's the way we did when I was in high school because any custom wheel was just not on our food chain. I mean, c'mon....McDonalds only charged 15 cents for a hamburger and a dime for fries. Shakes? Twenty cents. When you only make 1.15/hour, you gotta monitor and adjust. Then, 10 gallons of Sky Chief Supreme from Texaco was $3.50....which is what I had just put in the tank of that Ford when it got totaled out and it wasn't my fault!

So, a white interior with some red and silver accent to tie it all together?

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.

Last edited by ChevLoRay; 10-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote