View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 12:24 AM   #227
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

My brake drums came in today, and it was chilly, but dry. I decided to get these back together now because it's supposed to be colder yet this weekend. It's about 30F right now and my daughter said it's trying to snow a little. Anyway, I had all my parts out for the rear and was having trouble remembering how to put them back together. I'm not clueless, but it's not just coming back to me either. It's been a couple weeks, ya know. The Haynes manual was basically worthless. I've got an old Chiltons book that basically saved me with some real good drawings.

I replaced the one busted line, and got the rear brakes all back together with new parts. I inspected the lines going all the way to the master cylinder, no kinks, bulges, or other issues. But there is no flow from the master cylinder. I took off the line from the master cylinder to the prop valve and it's dry. So now I'll need to find a master cylinder or a kit to rebuild it. Yippie.

I'm running out of time before winter really rolls in. Think I'll try and strap that exhaust on and finish the brakes up and call it a season. I may still work on it some this winter. I've been spending a lot of time this past week insulating the garage ceiling (walls already done) and ordered a propane conversion kit for the heater I picked up this summer. Put a couple lights on it to for the driveway and by the walk in door.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 10-10-2009 at 12:25 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote