View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #11
bigblock73
yeller

Re: Bigblocks '77 truck

OK, the following pictures kind of suck, but I wasn't about to dig them out and storage and photograph them for presentation purposes.

First up is a cab, I have to replace the one currently on the truck. The cab on the truck is hacked together, with so much done to it, and as incorrectly as possible...it was easier and cheaper to find a cleaner cab. This one is from Texas, but I located it here in MN for $300. It only needs a small portion of the floor replaced (purchased a patch panel for it already), and one small spot near the door hinge area...otherwise it is completely rust and dent free. Plans are to strip it, repair it, paint it, and reassemble it...so I can hopafully do a complete cab swap over a weekend without a lot of down time for the '77. I would love to find a clean/un-cut interior wiring harness for a late 70's Scottsdale, or one with no power options or A/C. If anyone has a lead on one, please let me know!

Next in line is the 292 inline six I picked up for $75 from a somewhat local junkyard. It is complete, even has power steering on it! Plans are to build it to about 200-225 HP, and fuel inject it with the help of Affordable Fuel Injection...they have some pretty neat (and affordable) kits.

Kind of hard to see in this picture, but sitting atop the RC rack is the dash pad, door panels, seatbelt assemblies, and interior trim removed from our old '90 Scottsdale Suburban. The interior (blue in color) from the 'Burb will be going in the '77, and all the pieces are in near perfect shape.

Next up are the fenders. These are pretty much NOS fenders, I got the pair for $150. They were put on a mud truck, but never painted, and the mud truck was never really run before it was torn apart to build another. There is no rust and no dents, but a lot of scratches and scrapes. Regardless, these are in much better shape then the fenders that are currently on it. Not pictured, but in my possesion, are inner fenders I got from the same guy who sold me the cab. Mine are currently riddled with rust holes, these "new" ones are real clean, just needing a blasting and fresh coat of paint. $50 for the pair was his price, fair IMO.

Finally, doors. I got these doors off CL, both are used, but both were extremely cheap and in excellent condition with no rust or dents! I paid $80 total for both doors from different sellers. If you look closely, you can see part of a rust free BB core support I will be using on the '77 as well.

As you can see, I am really trying to keep this truck low budget, and I have done a lot of looking and digging to find these deals.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigblock73; 10-11-2009 at 12:43 AM.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote