View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM   #204
watahyahknow

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

youre doing a great job on that truck that machine is so clean i can hardly beliee it

i know a couple of people here in the netherlands that had problems with wrong parts i was allways under the impression they used us to dump there bad parts too because we have to pay a lot to send them back and most of the time just adapt the stuff to fit our needs but it seems it happens everywhere .

one guy here has more success in getting the right parts though , he build up a network of persons that know there stuff and work at the suplyers and he only deals through them and noone else .
on the one hand that means those persons get a verry nice commision on those sales and the guy over here has to send less stuff back usually the salespersons go the extra mile for him cause hes buying for bout 1500 dollar a month in materials .
it pays to have people in the automotive busness wish know where they talking about , a lot of the oldtimers that did are quiting and retiring and the mom and pop stores that did are swalowed up by bigger firms there now run by cheap 16 year old parttimers that mostly just understand import cars and turbo's if they do that and cant pick a part without checking the vinnumber , beware the guy that build a car from different year parts he might need to go back multiple times or cant find the right part to safe his live unless hes alowed behind the counter with the old part in hand comparing it to the stuff on the shelves

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote