View Single Post
Old 10-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #232
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Finally got something done tonight. The weather is still not cooperating, I just couldn't stand it anymore. I made new lines for between the master cylinder and prop valve. I hate making those things, the bends are so tight and there isn't much room. Bench bled the master cylinder and got that stuff all back together. I found a brand new set of brake pads in my garage, so I swapped those into the front driver side, and replaced that bleed screw. The passenger side ones are fairly new I think, not much wear anyway. Did an initial bleed on the rear brakes. Put the wheels back on and got the rig off the jack stands. By that time, I was tired and wet and tired of being wet, the light was gone, so I called it a day. I'll fire it up and take a test drive tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it will be alright, might need more bleeding. I got good flow through the lines though. I just hope I got the rear brakes put back together right. I'm 95% sure. I still may take the drums off later to replace the rear axle seals and fix the adjuster tensioner, which wasn't sitting quite right on the adjuster. Minor details. Spent more for the new brake line parts I needed than it cost for the master cylinder. Kind of sad really. Spent about $20 more for that stuff, so the total has crept up to $871.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 10-17-2009 at 08:48 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote