View Single Post
Old 10-31-2009, 11:25 AM   #15
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: 10.0's cage question

I can tell you right now, it ain't legal. A BAR must have the rear supports attach to the emain hoop NO MORE THAN 5" below the top of the bar (a bar is just the rearward portion of a cage so same thng to the rule book) The MINIMUM angle for those bars to be (from the same verticle plane as the bar) is 30°

I have a cage in my 66 but it will only tech to 11.50 because I refused to cut the cab up for the rear bars. If you want to go quicker than 11.49, get yourself a rule book and build the bar (legal from 11.49 to 9.99) . Otherwise you will make ONE pass quicker than 11.50 and be booted from the track.

Just as a BTW, if you put a bar / cage in a vehicle with a full frame like a pickup, you MUST attach the bar TO THE FRAME, plates on the floor of the cab won't fly. You MUST attach it to the frame. The side bar must pass by the driver mid0way between his elbow and shoulder, the main hoop must be no more than 6" behind the drivers head, and no more than 5" above his head.
GET YOURSELF A RULE BOOK so you don't waste the time effort and materials.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote