View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #114
Crumley

Re: 72 GMC 4x4 rebuild

Thanks for the reply's. Again it has be alot of fun working on it.

The grill is stock from the factory..it had alot of rust issues on the backside. It took alot of wire bruching and cleaning to get it where I could POR 15 the back side. I took the big brow piece off of the stock grill by drilling out the rivits. I had to relocate the hood bumper pads. Then installed an erlier model hood.

Since I am replying, I will also update whats been done to the truck this weekend. The windshield and back glass where installed friday night. A big thanks goes out to GMC Pauls the windshield gasket fit like a champ. The window installers where quiet impressed that the windshield and chrome went in as easy as it did. Another big thanks goes out to Mikes bump and Grind, the back window and gasket went in flawlessly. Guy's it looks great.

On Saturday the bucket seats, dash pad, heater hoses, glove box and glove box door where installed. I want to drive it so bad now I can't stand it. This week it will be sent to the alignment shop. I will then be able to drive it. In a month or 2 the side body chrome will get installed after sanding and buffing the paint.

For the picture hounds out there here ya go:
Attached Images

Crumley is offline   Reply With Quote