View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 03:48 AM   #112
tk-mpl

Re: project BIG RED (gen3 on air)

Hey Don, great work.. I have fallowed, and copied your other gen 3 threads. I have a couple questions for ya... I was wondering how much you cut off of the headers before you put the V bands on and if you cut it at an angle. I just got the RH side on and it seems to turn towards the frame quite abit..

Also, I am using a 2007 5.3L and I was wondering about a couple of electrical things.. I rewired it myself, it was fun and I hope it works... Anyways, the truck is equipped with voltage control dohickie that goes around the battery cable. Looking at the wiring diagram the BCM controls it. I don't have a BCM, just the PCM and TCM.. The 6.2L you are using in HULK should have the same setup-------What is your idea to get around this... Are you going to use an older alt..

And, I was hoping to keep the truck as modern inside as outside. I wanted to get the gauges to communicate on the CAN network.. The engine has all the sensors on it already and I did not want to run raduntant sensors just to run some gauges... Do you know of any gauges that will comm. on the CAN network to talk to the PCM and TCM that you can get in a package/set... I saw some on Mast Motorsports site and that is extactly what I want. I have tried contacting them and really got nowhere and don't have much info on them... Do you have any ideas on that aswell.
Thanx man.. sorry for the long questions..
Trevor
Dominator 2600's all around.
Porterbuilt tubular control arms.
Magnaflow 3" dual exhaust.

Last edited by tk-mpl; 11-12-2009 at 02:57 PM.
tk-mpl is offline   Reply With Quote