View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #145
Kim57

Re: My 57 Pro Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsbyray View Post
Kim,
I have exactly the same alignment problem - don't exactly know how to properly correct it. I currently am experimenting with shims, dropping the front fenders / grille / radiator assembly, adding metal, or just brunt major movements with applied pressure devices (sledge hammer and short losses of temper!)
I wonder if raising the rear until it is level then bolting or attaching it to the cowl some way, then dropping the front might do it. Not much help but if something suddenly and magically works I'll let you know.
The other problem I see is that when the fender to cowl areas seem to get close to fitting, then the hood is all "wanker-jawed" as my granddaddy used to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdog57 View Post
Looks like you are going to have to weld some metal bar stock in places to get the body lines to look good. I think i would have all front sheet metal including the hood in place and adjusted as close as possible before i added or cut anything.
Thanks for the info guys.
My biggest concern right now is the fender and cowl alignment. I hate to have a 1/4 inch of body filler at the edge where they meet so I will have to think about how I'm going to tackle it.
The passenger side seems to line up a lot better.
Kim
Kim57 is offline   Reply With Quote