View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #146
OrrieG

Re: My 57 Pro Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdog57 View Post
Looks like you are going to have to weld some metal bar stock in places to get the body lines to look good. I think i would have all front sheet metal including the hood in place and adjusted as close as possible before i added or cut anything.
Good advice, previous alignment discussion have said to align the cab/hood/radiator support first as the hood is the hardest to get it to sit right when closed. Then work on the doors/cab/fenders. Finally check the bed to make sure the horizontal lines match front to back. When I took my truck apart I photoed and counted shims, washers, etc. at all the connection points and bagged and labeled them. I do not think I found any place that was exactly the same. If you want those perfect door gaps you will have to trim or add to the doors or body, they did not match and were not perfect from the factory, these were working trucks not the family show piece. Good luck.

Last edited by OrrieG; 11-15-2009 at 02:41 PM.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote