View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #12
Wild83C10

Re: Need some engine advice and suggestions...

You don't need a PCV since this is a supercharger. You may need a vacuum system to keep pressure down in your crank case. Otherwise you could experience blow-by.

BOV, as stated in the FAQ section of the vortec website.
"When should a standard air bypass valve be used?

A standard air bypass valve should be used on all supercharged applications where the supercharger is making more than 6PSIG. The advantages of using an air bypass valve includes eliminating compressor surge (the noise heard during deceleration) for quieter supercharger operation, and reduced heat soak in the discharge tube and the supercharger."

I would either move the air filter or block the header heat and run an air duct to it. Hot air isn't good for a SC setup, it only gets hotter.

I see the fan mounted in front of you radiator. Is that a pusher or puller fan?

Fuel Pump, as stated from the vortech website: "On early engines, a high-performance, boost referenced mechanical fuel pump will provide the necessary fuel in most applications. Late model motors may require an electrical fuel pump and a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator providing 6 lbs. of pressure." Again contact vortec.

As far as gearing what is your tire size? I would run it first and see what rpm you are turning through the traps. That will tell you if you need a different gear.

Don't just go adding things just because others have it. Check with the manufacture first, not that they always know best, but it's a good place to start. I don't want to discourage you or others from asking questions, but take a few minutes and do some research before asking questions when the answers are already available. The forums are great for information, but sometimes you may get the wrong information from someone that doesn't know what they are talking about and you could end up with something broken as a result of someone’s bad advice.

The truck and the combo look awesome. I am sure you will enjoy it for a little while, at least until that guy on your shoulder tells you to throw on the smaller pulley. Good Luck

383 MASS-FLO EFI/TKO II 600/3.90 Posi 10 bolt
S475 and C4 DM running, fine tuning
turbo=
Douchebag Racing: Runs Fine all the Time
Wild83C10 is offline   Reply With Quote