View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #5
jhnpldng

Re: poorboy's 64 GMC build

Here's some pics of the unfinished interior and one of the back of the cab that really shows the actual color. It's not a match to the original gold and is way more metallic but I didn't care for that greenish gold anyway. I've got forest green visors that were once 71 year. I pulled out the 71 rod and put the 64 in. They'll probably go black unless I end up with green on the outside or maybe even more importantly depending on what color 60/40 seat I find. The seat may actually delegate all other colors aside from the gold. It's got a C60 seat in it now. What a springboard. Wait half an hour after eating before swimming or driving my truck.
I was very careful not to take any pictures of the blotches. Couple of minor ones. Easy fix area right where an upper mount of a shoulder belt would be. It's been a while since I sprayed single stage metallic.

I'd been racking my brain to finger out a good spot for the pcm and finally decided on the glove box. I have some of that proper heavy black cardboard so I'm going to make a custom glove box with sort of a false back to hide the puter. Still a nice convenient spot for checking sensor circuits or swapping chips if I ever get into that or If I ever run across a dirt cheap 5.7 tbi it will be an easy swap being the same pcm enclosure.

jhnpldng is offline   Reply With Quote