View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #339
Ackattack

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Update: Sorry no pics

I've been "plugging" away at the electrical on this thing.

Between a new EZ wiring harness, the stock truck ECM/wiring, and a SA-001 fuse block there are lots of wires to run.

I started by working with the ECM. I removed as many wires as I could and then sorted, unwound, untwisted and rerouted the wires. I got them kinda in place thinking I was going to mount the ECM on the drivers side fender. Well it's a little bulky and didn't look good. So I pulled it all back off and reorganized wires to mount it on the inside of the firewall.

So I tried just velcroing the ECM to the firewall. Well the velcro wouldn't stick to the inside of the firewall (I think a lot of it has to do with it being ~40 degrees in the garage) I then made a mount for it using a scrap of a replacement floor pan. The TAC module also mounts to it.

I have a high hump tranny cover, so I cut a hole in it so the wires ECM wiring is easy to remove if I ever have to.

I'm trying to hide as many wires as possible, and so far I think it's turning out good. I mounted the SA-001 fuse block on the back side of the radiator core support, so the wires to it run from the ECM along the bottom of the firewall, then through the inner and outer fenders (that opening in there).

I still have a few wires to hook up. I'm taking off work on Wednesday for my 30th B-day and plan to spend the day working on the truck.

I'll get some pictures of the maze of wiring.

Oh yes, also I went to hook up the neutral safety switch, and as I'm working the shifter on my van tilt to see which plug is backup lights, and which is the neutral/park switch the tab I had welded to the inner tube of the steering column broke off. So now I have to pull the steering column back out and reweld it. Kinda a pain.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote