Old 11-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #350
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post

I got this from here:
http://www.currentperformance.com/Ac...iring_acc.html

I have HPtuner already, so I'll flash my own computer. The factory harness wasn't really that difficult the re-work, but it was a little time consuming.

Now that I've done it once, I think I could do it again in about 1/3 of the time.

The factory harness is long enough to mount where I mounted it on the inside of the fire wall. Without a removeable tranny cover, it would be difficult though. You could also mount it under the seat I suppose. Also, Mine is mounted where the factory floor heater would be, but I have an Old air system that doesn't exhaust air there.

I got the EZ 21 wiring kit. I did a painless kit on my 72 GMC, and this seems very similar. A few complaints, observations: It came with the incorrect column plug (not the half moon) and incorect connectors to go in the half moon. Some of the wiring diagrams are a little lacking IMO. The headlight switch diagram shown is not for our trucks, Mine didn't have a dimmer light wire for the guages and a few other things I'm sure. But this is a univeral kit, so this should be expected. The painless kit was a "direct fit" yet I had many of the same "issues" so the EZ kit is definatly the way to go for the money.
Do you think a person could use their stock 67-72 harness in conjunction with the Current Performance LS harness? Or is it best to spend the $185 for the EZ-21. I am trying to figure all this stuff out the cheapest/simplest way to go. Thanks,
and PM sent,
Mike
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote