View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #189
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

Spent a few days taking measurements and looking at how all the aftermarket patch panels are going to work together. Not a lot to show or write about concerning that installation at this time. Wanting to give a small break from the brain cramps with the fitting of panels, decided do and show the gas pedal conversion from 67 – 70 mechanical rod to 71- 72 cable actuation.

The extra cab that I have for my rebuild came stripped with no ID plate so I narrowed it down to a 69 -70 cab thru small changes that can be noted throughout the years. It was setup with a mechanical rod gas pedal and I wanted to convert it to a cable style of my 72 original truck.

I obtained a Gas Pedal conversion kit from Lewis Fabrication Design (a site vender) but decided to install it a little different than the installation instructions. I decided to weld in the mount instead of bolting it in. The kit is well worth the money compared to the time measuring and fabricating the mounting plate if you want to convert your gas pedal to a cable style with a stock cable gas pedal.

Fallow the pictures and you can see how I welded it in instead of bolting it in per instructions.

Name:  Gas-Pedal-1.jpg
Views: 9449
Size:  93.4 KB

Name:  Gas-Pedal-2.jpg
Views: 8084
Size:  37.2 KB

Name:  Gas-Pedal-3.jpg
Views: 9530
Size:  75.5 KB

The next post will be back on putting the patch panel puzzle together no two trucks are the same and all require a little different work to do the repairs. Enjoy your build