View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #193
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarts View Post
Bruce, I want to say you are doing a great and informative build. I like your style of attack on the task at hand you face. You will have a solid beautiful truck when you get it done. Once again you are an inspiration of how I would want my project to be done. Can you let me know where I can purchase one of the rivet nut guns and the threaded rivets when you get a chance. I would really like to try that on my truck.

Jim
The rivet nut tool that I have, I’ve had for so many years that the manufacturer is out of business. If you do an internet search for rivet nut, rivnut, or nut insert you should be able to compare a number of different manufacturer models (you’re probably looking for a hand operated one). As far as the inserts they come in many styles aluminum, steel, cad plated with flush (countersunk) fit or thin head above the surface fit, smooth finish or ribbed for extra grip. Sizes range between #6 to ¼ inch course and fine thread (probably most used #10-32 or #10-24 size). As you can see there are a lot of choices to make in what insert your planning on installing, some of the insert tools can handle all the different types of inserts (mine can and came with all the different rod/thread pulls for all the sizes course or fine thread)

JEGS, JC Whitney, Harbor Freight and others have the tools and inserts recommend you look around and find one that meets your needs.

Hope this helps you out