View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #10
Pyrotechnic

Re: Fuel system design

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-f...line-size.html

I found that post and it's a bit different than the overkill method I first read. He uses math and science to back up the way he sizes fuel lines. Basically states that as long as the lines are big enough to maintain fuel pressure at full throttle with the given fuel pump, then the volume is adequate.

I have a extra factory steel fuel line off another truck that I can mount next to the one that's already on there to be the return line, and the new return regulator will bolt in place of the existing deadhead regulator. From there I can set the new regulator to 7 PSI, turn the pump on, and time how long it takes to pump a gallon into a bucket.

If that setup proves to flow enough, a cheaper route I thought of would be to buy some lengths of stainless steel tubing from a industrial/hydraulic supply place and use them along the frame. The only downside is there would be short sections of rubber line between the tank and metal line, and between the regulator and metal line, though this is not any worse than the way it came from the factory. Would this still pass NHRA tech ?

Last edited by Pyrotechnic; 12-12-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Pyrotechnic is offline   Reply With Quote