View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
CoyoteCustoms

Re: My 81 Sport truck rebuild

Here is a small update on my project. With Christmas around the corner I have not had the time I would like to work on this. I am building part of this truck in my old shop because I am trying to keep my Dad active doing something. He retired recently and has gotten a little lazy. The other part of the build will be done in my new shop. I will be getting the frame done, motor in place, and all the plumbing ran then taking the truck to my new shop to put it all back together. I know kinda confusing.

I took the engine out of the original Sport truck and hauled it down to my shop where the new frame is waiting. The engine is a 5.7 TBI 350 that was rebuilt about 6 months before I started driving the truck. It runs really good, it just looked like a 20 year old engine. I want to keep it somewhat stock looking under the hood and I know this year had a black engine but I could not leave it that way. I went with the classic Chevy orange. I got a few chrome parts for under the hood just for a little bling but I am mostly looking to keep it simple.

So, here is the engine after a good steam bath and a few coats of engine paint. I took the manifold off and cleaned it up and painted it with some bright aluminum paint. The transmission got the same color.

Next week I should be able to get the engine in the new frame and start running all my lines for the air ride, brakes, and fuel. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks,
Jason

CoyoteCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote