View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #17
BigBlocksRule

Re: My new project-1994 CrewCab SRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts62 View Post
Why when you have a frame already there is a driving truck? If you had a wrecked one and was going to swap it all over then yeah i could see how that would be easier.
Oh and does it really matter what you call it??
This project is a '95, started as a long bed, so I was facing the same thing with the frame. With the C&C straight frame rails, I can put 7" tubs in each wheel well, notch the frame and install a 4-link kit with a minimum of fabbing and NO frame welds. I bought the truck as a project for $400 with a good 4L80E, a 4-bolt 350 and completely straight front sheet metal. The frame donor had a 5-speed stick that I sold for more than I have in both of 'em, so I'm starting this project in the black. Never done that before, sure feels strange.

One of my other projects is a '97 crewcab dually 4wd. I'm actually thinking of lowering it about 4/6 just to get the stance more were I want it, I don't need to clear anything high. As for what he wants to call it, it doesn't really matter, I just don't think of anything with 4-doors as "sporty" myself.

Well, maybe an old Delta 88 with 22's
BigBlocksRule is offline   Reply With Quote