View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #115
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

After much more measuring, I moved the trailing arms in just a hair. Otherwise, the ends wouold rub on anything wider than a L78 - 14 tire. And personally, I'd like to run something a bit bigger than that. Haha.

So, moved them back in, centered and all. It took me two days, but I think it's in a good spot now. Maybe a 1/32th of an inch difference in the whole works. I'll do some more measuring to double check.

The only hitch is the springs rubbed the rear frame rails. So I could either notch out the frame rail, or more my springs inboard around 2 inches a piece. I chose the latter, and am currently making brackets that'll do just that.

It's not perfect, but I don't see an issue with the springs hanging off just a little bit. The arms aren't going to twist, due to solid mounts in the front and rear. And the springs will be completely vertical, so it should be a straight force downward.

And if they don't work, I'll unbolt them and find something else that'll work. Haha.

Pics are coming soon, I promise guys! I've actually been doing stuff in the garage. Honest.

I also took a closer look at Hotrods to Hell, and not trying to copy anything they do *cough* but I think I'm going to run my rear shocks near vertical off the back of the rear end, instead of forward facing like is stock on the truck.

This should give me better geometry, and all that. Also, I'm going to try to make a sort of "Spring compressor" screw jack to adjust ride height. Instead of just raising and lowering the upper mount, like HTH, I think somepressing the spring will allow for a more adjustable setup in regards to ride height and performance.

Opinions?

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote