View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #126
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Well, a bit of an update until I can get the batteries charged for the camera.

Did some welding and grinding and pounding and fitting today. Currently have my inboard spring mounts positioned so they're square to each other. Welding the trailing arm crossmember in a bit better so I don't have to worry about it moving on me - again.

I also decided to go with different springs. The stock truck springs, while they'd perform fine for me, are too wide. At around 7 to 7 1/2 inches across, they rub against frame rails and belly pans. So, I grabbed a set of front springs from an '71 Olds Delta 88 out back, since they were just laying there. With these, I'll have to change my mounting system, but I can also cut them to any length I want, since they aren't pig tailed. They're also 5 1/2 inches across, so that saves me some room in that aspect and makes it a bit easier to fit them in.

Nothing is set in stone, of course, as I'm still just trying things out before I weld it all in for good.

Looking back, maybe I should've left it the way it was with the trailing arms way in. It would've saved me alot of hassle...haha. But whats the fun in that?

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote