View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 10:33 PM   #44
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Re: Air Ride Install - '69 Chevrolet SWB Stepside

got a little done over the past couple of nights. I also ordered my bags. with a lot of thought and with suicidedoors recommendations, I went with Airlift Dominator D2600's. can't wait 'til they show up on the doorstep! thanks again suicidedoors!

first, I took my drop in lower bag cups to my fabricator and had him cut them down approximately 5/8". they seem to sit perfect now. 5/8" doesn't sound like a lot, but it actually is when your trying to get as close to the floor as you can. here's the look of the cup in the pocket:

you know, specialized tools are expensive, but my God, they are so worth it. I even cut down a drill bit, and made my own short length bit. when you have to get something done, nothing should stand in the way......

nothing's more beautiful than a cab full of new parts.....

and for the grand unveiling..... in this pic, I raised the entire assembly up to when my tire was touching the inner fender. I measured and I still have about a inch to play with if I decide to ditch the inner fenders. but for now, this is where I'll dial the front end to.....

and lastly, this is where I would be without inner fenders.. and without a tire:

the first place I head to after we get back on the road is my muffler shop!! may have to modify the crossmember, buy a CPP unit, or drop out right under the cab. oh well, that decision for another day.

and before I wrap up this installment, I want to thank LOLIFE99 for giving me the kick in the pants to go on air. Keith is a great guy and knows his stuff. I owe you.......

hope everyone has a safe and an enjoyable New Year!!!

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote