View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #276
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

I haven't posted any updates lately, but things are still slowly progressing behind then scenes here. Alan and I made the trip down to the Moultrie swapmeet back before Thanksgiving. This was our first time going to this meet and we had a good time even though it rained Saturday night and into Sunday morning and some major vendors left early before we got a chance to buy anything from them. Prior to this show I had been in touch with Tim Christian getting my wish list in order. 99% of the stuff I bought at the show I bought from Tim and he really hooked me up with some great prices on everything. I now have all of the necessary sheetmetal to put my truck back together again. Tim is a great guy to deal with and will get more of my business. Here are a few things that I brought back.

inner/outer fenders
dash pad
front end bolt kit
grill bolt kit
grill emblem
bumper splash shields
ac battery tray
71-2 parking light assemblies
exterior door handles
replacement cab drip rails

I finally saved up enough mad money after the Moultrie show to finally have my cab blasted. I called the blaster trying to shedule a time to drop my cab off and he told me that his compressor is down at the moment. Well I waited this long so what's a few more days, right? He's getting a service tech to come out this week to get it running again, so hopefully next weekend I can get it dropped off and once I get it back we can finally start the bodywork phase of my build.

I have been working on a deal for a "big" part for my truck here recently and I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and picked them up from another board member (southern parts) that's pretty local to me. I've been searching for set for a while now but I never found the right deal. I found several sets on the west coast but most people weren't interested in shipping them. That or they were either out of my price range to begin with. Anyway, Woody made me a good deal on the ones he had so we struck a deal. So without further delay here's the newest addition to my truck.

67/68 Buddy Buckets

I owe a special thanks to Alan and southern parts (Woody) for getting out in the 22 degree weather yesterday so I could get these seats.

Hopefully within the next week or two my cab will get blasted and I can get serious about finishing my truck.

So stay tuned.....