View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #43
Burt4x4

Re: Ready to go 1 Ton/K5

The Hwy manners seam fine but I haven't drivin it very far sence I went 1Ton, trailer queen and all
I did use the hwy a bit in November down in Pismo. My rig doesn't go pass 55 verywell anymore but as for the steering/hydro assist it's never been an issue. Nice and smooth one finger steering

The setup I have is somewhat custom. My 4" springs made for not so much room for HighSteer. I wanted to get rid of that tierod out front. WFO, Trevor, is were I bought my steering arms/crossover highsteer. We had to play back and forth with the postal service like 3 times until we got all the right parts to work with my low lift and 454. We started with his standard kit and that puts the Highsteer BEHIND the D60. No way I could fit that...I have two forward facing arms. The pass side tierod end is were my draglink connects too from the steering box.
I recomend when you buy steering arms get the type that eliminates the KingPin Spring. This spring is the #1 cause of defection AKA DeathWobble. Remove the spring and remove the DeathWobble

Anyway
I'll take some pics for you too see more, I plan on tearing apart my D60 for full service very soon. If I can remember I'll snap some pics this weekend of the steering...