View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
coolbus4us
cuts corners

Unhappy Ahhh I almost rolled my Burb last night!

So there I was right......

Coming back from a late night store run and I hear a noise like I had a flat i slow down to pull over and BAM!!!

My driver front wheel comes off and my truck ramps up it about 4 feet into the air and onto two wheel stunt man status. It comes back down with a HUGE thud and lots of sparks! It hit so hard the carb primaries got stuck wide open and I proceed to haul a$$ for about 20 feet before I shut her down and manage to pull into a bus stop zone on the side of the road.

I got out on the passenger side as my driver door was jammed and assessed the damage and took off looking for my wheel and brake drum. Found em in the middle of an intersection and went back to my baby. I was pretty pissed, bummed, pumped, and scared all at the same time. I called my wife and told her what happened....I was only about 2 miles from home so her friend came and dropped off my jack and some tools. We tried to get a tow truck but got no damn answer(this little ass city sucks). Soooo I decided I was going to put her back together and see what happens.
I had a spare pack of lug nuts and put the drum and wheel back on. Looked pertty straight and spun good, so I decided to limp her home. Made it just fine and went in to have a few stiff drinks and sleep it off.

Now I am pretty sure I interrupted some meth heads trying to steal my wheels or some crap on the way out of Safeway. I say this because when I went in they were parked right in front in a pickup and as i walked in I saw them checkin out my burb. I didn't think anything of it cause I lock my doors and disable the ignition every time I stop, and lots of people check it out all the time anyhow.

Sorry so long winded but it was pretty damned exciting. lol.

Here are some pics of the carnage.

Last edited by coolbus4us; 01-19-2010 at 01:36 PM.
coolbus4us is offline   Reply With Quote