View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #238
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Not really. I was trying to start it and drive it over to a friends place to store with a tarp over it, but it wouldn't stay running. It was starting very hard and even after warming up would die as soon as I put it in gear. Sounds like carb problems. I ended up burning out the starter trying to get it to go. Got fed up so I towed it out of the back yard and to the guys place. I have another parts blazer that is currently sitting in my neighbors driveway. It has a much better tub and will be swapped to this frame come summer. I may end up building a fairly decent ride out of this mess eventually.

I'm still mulling the idea of swapping the engine with the one I rebuilt. The one in it is pretty weak and I had no luck selling my rebuilt short block. I want to get some good breathing heads for it, maybe some vortecs, and I'm thinking about doing a TBI swap on it.

The parts blazer comes with 35" BFG's on some nice aluminum slots. The body is banged up some but not that rusty.

Once things warm up around here I'll be back at it. For now I'm doing the body work on my C-10 in a heated garage.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 01-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote