View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 11:06 PM   #15
Dan in Pasadena

Re: My '46 Chevy Pickup - The Innaugural Pre '47 Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp51chevy View Post
...If you don't mind I've never seen pix of a Jag rear end; could you take some pix of that to put up?
These two are all I currently have. I apologize in advance - they're lousy shots. They were taken the first week I had the truck and I hadn't even pressure washed the undercarriage yet. By summer, I will take the bed off and detail and paint the rear portion of the frame, rearend, etc. The truck's brakes work fine but the rear rotors are scored and need to be changed. I assume I have to completely disassemble the half shafts to get the rotors out and replaced(?)

Whoever installed this used the original factory carrier to install it. It works fine but is not as attractive as the street rodder approach which does away with the factory carrier. I'm not certain how they do it - I think just a square tube cross member over a boxed frame section, but however they do it you can see the whole rearend much more clearly and in most street rods, they chrome plate the center section and half shafts, backing plates, the whole thing. It's LOOKS great but I doubt I'll do mine. Maybe late in its life with me as a last touch or something.
Attached Images

Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote