View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #47
Thealien

Re: LS engine swap info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
I've got a couple of powersteering questions. What thread adapters can be used on the ps box to allow use of the LS hoses? Second, my p/s pump has 3 hoses coming out of it, I know what 2 of them are...any guess on the third? Keep the info coming! I'm about 2 weeks away from jumping knee deep into finishing mine, .

r/

EDIT: Here's a link to an oil pan discussion if you want to add it:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=272174
The third hose is another return line used in hydroboost pumps. I have read those pumps are a little better? I have heard people use either for hydroboost and non hydroboost without issues. You will just have to cap off the unused return line.

What I found as an easier solution on the whole power steering issue is remove the fitting off the back of your original power steering pump and put it in the power steering pump you have now (the one with the extra return line). By replacing that fitting you can now use your existing/stock power steering hoses with the new LS pump. Might have to tweak/bend just a little.

I'll check out the link although in a couple of the links early in my thread I have links to FAQ threads in a couple of places that discuss the different oil pans and their dimensions.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote