View Single Post
Old 05-04-2003, 03:00 AM   #7
Phillip Johnson
Account Suspended

Cheyenne,
I just bought a set of 235-85-R-16's at Les Schwab in Grants Pass. I know you are looking fotr a wider tire. I looked at all the lines of tires "Wallmart" offered along with Costco and most of the tires were about 7" of tread width. When I went to look at Schwab, They had a set that was about 9 1/2" wide and snow rated with a really nice tread design. Nothing radical, basically a highway design not to mention when mounted on stock wheels, they stand about 33 inches tall. i have them on a 72 3/4 4x4 with a 4" lift and I think they look great. They also had a 50,000 mile warranty! Im trying to post a picture of them on the truck so you can see for yourself. They ride well also. The tires that were on this truck when I bought it a month ago were 12-50-33/R/16.5 on some of the rusty ugliest chrome spoke wheels that I had ever seen. Im working to restore this truck to orig as possible but I like the lifted look of it. I first thought that 4" would look like a roller skate but, as you can see, these fill in the wheel wells rather well. Im very happy with them
Attached Images

Last edited by Phillip Johnson; 05-04-2003 at 03:04 AM.
Phillip Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote