View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 12:44 AM   #175
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Picked up polyester putty the other day, along with some finer grit paper. It's been a busy week for work, so wasn't able to get out there until today. The glazing putty is ok, but it sets up real fast and you have to be quick getting it on the body. Went over most of the back side of the cab, sanded with 180 grit and overall, I think I did pretty good for a beginner. I'm getting the hang of it. Hopefully I'll be able to progress faster on other parts once I get past this part.

No pics, it doesn't look much different than the previous ones. Fixed a few more high spots, filled a few more little low spots, sanded. I found a couple very small dimples I need to fill yet, but other than that, it's ready for primer. Don't think I'll do that tomorrow, but probably this next week, if I'm lucky.

I'm a little nervous about that. New spray gun, a style I've never had before. Never mixed primer/paint like this before either. I'm not really worried about how it looks, because it is just primer. It will be covered and sanded again anyway. I've got some cardboard to practice on and set the spray pattern up, etc. I'll post pics after primer, good or bad.
hgs_notes is online now   Reply With Quote