View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #513
cayoterun

Re: GMC V-12 powered '91 Chev crewcab

I wanted to explain why ads had appeared on "Baluar", the '62 GMC V-12, videos. Haystack155 is my son and did the videos because I'm not that 'putor savvy.
A month or so ago, Youtube contacted him and asked if they could post ads, due to the number of hits the videos received. We debated it for awhile, then decided we'd consent. They offered to pay a royalty based on view numbers, but we have no idea what that will amount to, if any. We didn't know what type of ads they'd display.

Some ads were/are kinda' "girlie", and started to make us wonder if that was a good idea. So far, they haven't been too bad, but if they get too bad, we will have them removed. If they don't remove the bad ones, we will delete "Balaur" entirely.

We want to keep anything we post to be in good taste and "family friendly". He has a child and I have other grandkids, so we don't want anything associated with what we do that we wouldn't want to watch with our kids or anyone else.

I haven't tinkered on the truck for awhile, but maybe will get inspired to get back to work on it after snow season.
Thanks,
Cayoterun

I think I'll do it myself and pay the extra $500.

Last edited by cayoterun; 02-15-2010 at 03:44 PM.
cayoterun is offline   Reply With Quote