View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
Old Yeller 1970
DON'T TREAD ON ME

Anyone have drag racing springs on a street driven truck?

Years ago I put a set of 2" dropped springs from Eibach on Old Yeller. I have never been satisfied with the ride quality, though they were advertised as riding like the stock springs, they are hard as a rock. Because they are so stiff I get 0 lift on the front end when I drag race the truck. Obviously, one way to address the issue is with a set of drag racing springs. But this is still mostly going to be a street driven truck and I'm concerned about going to far the other way and loosing streetablility. Corner turning isn't a big issue because I live in West Texas where 99.99% of all roads are straight and flat. I've even thought about putting the original springs back on with a set of 2" dropped spindles but that's a lot more money than a set of springs and I still wouldn't get any lift to speak of. I don't mind giving up some cornering ability. Some of that can be controlled with regular shock absorbers and the anti-sway bar. I know I'm looking for compromises but life is full of them.