View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 10:16 PM   #24
lks dcvn

Re: 1972 Blazer - 'Bullet' Project

So I got some free time tonight [got done with my other stuff earlier than I expected] soooo - what did I do - I headed out to see what I could do on the Blazer.

I really thought starting with the passenger side would be better since it looked worse. Boy was I wrong. The driver side is way worse...

I got the torsion box end cap off and started to have a look at the back of the B pillar and the step area - yikes - look familiar.

Then I spent some time trying to cut out that piece that connects the floor, outer bedside and B pillar together - got about half way and then called it a night. I was actually surprised that the top bolt came out.

I forgot how big of a pain it was to get the other side out (and that wasn't that long ago):

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...&postcount=107

Not sure if it was a blessing or not, but most of it was pretty soft so I just wiggled it back and forth until it snapped off. The rest is pretty solid so I will need to cut it out.

I really hate the way they bolted it from the top into those square nuts - I have to cut them out and the angle sucks to get to them...oh well - I will stop complaining now - many other members have resurrected much worse.
Attached Images

lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote