View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #20
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

I spent almost the entire day in the garage and barely touched the truck. The mess was just getting too hard to work around and something needed to be done about it. I added another light, which is really helping with the body work. I cleaned up the work benches, got a pile of stuff off my parts washer, rearranged things and made it cleaner than it's been in years.

I even ran my little MIG welder on some exhaust pipe I had around. It's set up with flux core right now and the spatter is really bad. I'd never consider it for body work. I have a gas set up, but no bottle. I really don't have much welding work that needs to be done on this vehicle, but if I do the blazers I might get the bottle and try it out again.

Work should be fairly light tomorrow, giving me some time to get back on the truck. There are a few small holes in the firewall I want to clean up. I need to get the gas peddle from the original cab and get it in. I might work more on the fenders since they are sitting there waiting, but might bring a door over from the storage garage and get started on that. Probably no more spraying until next weekend.

The pic of todays progress...You should have seen it before...
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote