View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 11:52 PM   #11
Steve@OldSub.com
Cancer Survivor in the making.

Re: Brought this home..1954 1 ton

I have a '54 1-ton with the 18 inch wheels which are the biggest they put on 1-tons in '54. ('54 Restoration Pack wheel page) The fenders are the same as my 1/2-ton.

The Chevrolet Parts Book is online, you can look up the part numbers on these fenders. You'll find 1/2-, 3/4- and 1-ton all have the same Chevrolet part number.

Chevy Parts Book fender page (You do need to know that Commercials are 1-ton and smaller while Utilities are 1-1/2 and larger).

1-1/2 and 2-ton have a different part numbers than the smaller trucks and COEs are yet another.

GMC is the same though I'm not aware of that Parts Book being online anywhere--I have a printed copy.

I have a 1-ton Chevy panel that has huge fenders on it. They are the fenders that GMC put on their 3-ton trucks. These are much wider than the fenders you see on a Chevy 2-ton and Chevy did not make a truck as big as the 3-ton in the AD era.

How did those big fenders end up on that little truck? Easy, the panel needed fenders and these were available. They are now on a truck Chevy never intended them for and without checking the part numbers I can imagine someone believing it came that way.

It didn't.

Steve@OldSub.com
OldSub.com . MaxwellGarage.com . OldGasTowRigs.com
Steve@OldSub.com is offline   Reply With Quote