View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #326
djmachinist

Re: Project: Blank Slate

Nate,
I'm new to this forum, I just recently discovered this thread, and have read "Blank Slate" with great interest. Your truck is really awesome!!! The Build info has been very inspiring for my own efforts.

I have aquired an 1969 GMC short bed fleet in mostly original condition. It is a small block 307 & Powerglide tranny. It was a farm truck for 38 years based just outside Hot Springs, Arkansas. The guy I bought it from had it painted light Green. I believe this is the original color, however I think it was originally a two-tone, light green/white like yours. When I had the windshield replaced, I found white paint at the sides and top of the windshield seat. The suspension, brakes and steering need rebuilding. I will convert to disc fronts like you did. I have ordered the disc brake kit with 2 1/2" dropped spindles with 3" drop springs in the back. I ordered everything from Early.

Great thread, I will post pics of my 69 GMC.

Last edited by djmachinist; 02-23-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: I hijacked this thread inadvertently, I need to move the content
djmachinist is offline   Reply With Quote