View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #252
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

More thinking than doing
Minor planning changes, pre/test fittings, and cleaning up for moving forward

Changed the plan to have the frame sandblasted instead of cleaning it up at home. Now just trying to figure out how to transport it down to the sandblaster?

Used a full small tank of propane and a scraper to remove most of the undercoating on the frame prepping/making it easier for sand blasting.

The Blazer stile fuel tank and trailer hitch are from Wes at Classic Heartbeat Pickup Parts.

To save some time lying on my back under the truck fitting the fuel tank and drilling the holes for the hitch over my head I think it’s a perfect time with the frame upside down to do this task.

Decided not to use the nuts and bolts from the fuel tank kit and thanks to Wes for the tip to use a ¼ inch mounting strip between the tank and frame. The mounting strips and felt/tar paper used between the straps and tank do not come in the tank kit. Any peace of rubber a ¼ thick could be used like some old truck mud flaps I just happened to have some molding that would fit the bill.

Some different perspective pictures included, the frame is upside down and sitting on some sawhorses. Might want to keep this in mind when looking at the pictures to minimize any confusion.

Name:  Tank-and-Hitch-1.jpg
Views: 9632
Size:  98.4 KB

Name:  Tank-and-Hitch-2.jpg
Views: 9492
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  Tank-and-Hitch-3.jpg
Views: 10182
Size:  97.7 KB

Pre fitting should help and make the final installation of the parts easer in the end, I hope it does. Enjoy your build