View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 08:34 PM   #20
MT71c-10
Too many toys,not enough money

Re: Converter stall check

I'm pretty sure all we can get here is 91, that's what I run. I'm pretty sure they run some ethanol in the blend here in the winter, but the same problems exist in summer. I would think aluminum heads would give a little room to play.

I'm going to pull the timing cover off here soon and triple check my timing, TDC, and put on a new timing chain set.

I'm also a little confused about the converter, I thought they told me it was a 10", but when I ordered it I gave them all the info, cam card, weight, gearing, etc. I wouldn't think any one would build a converter in a 9.5" with that low of a stall either, I would think it would just be a loosened up stocker.

It's $175 to restall through them. I don't know if i can trust them. Will other converter company's touch other manufacturers product?

Is there something in my trans that would cause this to happen? I wouldn't think so, It would just be slipping if it were on it's way out right.

When I changed the converters, oil and filter looked and smelled clean.

Last edited by MT71c-10; 02-28-2010 at 08:39 PM.
MT71c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote