View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Thealien

Re: Some more LS swap issues

Its actually the double cardon joint that hits. That is low priority right now. If/when I get things in and running I will address the front driveshaft issue. I am hoping there is enough clearance to notch the pan. If there is not I "may" go with a single Ujoint instead of the double cardon. It may not have the durability or longevity of the double cardon but for any light four wheeling my Jimmy will ever see it should be fine?

I think I have the crossmember figured out. A little relief cut and some finish welding and we will see. I should have it ready to install some time next week. I have some loose ends to work on befor then anyway. I need to pull the cowl, I am missing a couple of the clips for the screws that hold it down. I have a NOS hood to cowl seal to install. I want to seal the old antennea hole and replace all the washer hoses and grommetts. All of that should have been done by my body guy a year ago except for the hoses but he did a lot of work for a fair price so I guess I'll give him a pass on those things!

Your lift will definately solve all crossmember issues. I bet the driveshaft is still pretty close though.
Thealien is offline   Reply With Quote