View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #205
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrikz View Post
That tank will not last you. Its so cute though. I spent about 100 bucks for a full size tank. It didnt fit well on my tiny cart, but your going to BLOW through that thing...

Good buy on the welder.
Ain't it the cutest though?

I know it's not a lot of gas, but it's what I could afford for now. I can swap tanks for refills about a mile from my house too. I just got it set up and tried it out. Huge improvement over my old welder. When I first got that craftsman, I thought I had become a crappy welder all of a sudden, because it always looked bad and I couldn't get it set right. I was qualified for nuclear pipe welding in the navy. Could TIG some of the prettiest welds you ever saw in any position. I could stick weld under a table with a mirror on 1" sch 80 pipe. I learned to oxy/acet weld in high school, could MIG weld anything, got started on TIG back then too. But I could not make a good looking weld with that craftsman.

My first weld on this one was nice and smooth. I could see my puddle flowing, change the bead size with my speed, etc. It was sooooo nice.

Anyone want to buy my craftsman? j/k

Last edited by hgs_notes; 03-05-2010 at 04:38 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote