View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 PM   #209
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Found something to do... As if there was a real shortage. I'm afraid to even think about a list.

I ordered a driver side door skin and both inner door bottoms the other day from Mikes Bump and Grind. They are Tri-Pro parts and Mikes got great prices, he's a site vendor for those who don't know. I also sold my old welder for $150. So the upgrade in welder cost me $50. I'll try it out on the new door parts.

Todays progress. I cleaned the inside of the passenger fender and sprayed it with epoxy primer. Also cleaned up and primered more of the cab. Pretty much got the firewall sprayed, though I saw a couple spots later that I missed. Sprayed the drip rail area, and the top side of the rockers and door jambs. I have a ding in the driver side rocker to fill and sand and a couple little spots on the cab roof. Once that's done I'll spray the entire inside of the cab and firewall again for a second coat.

That rubber seal around the steering column would not let tape stick to it. So I said the hell with it and sprayed it anyway. I figure once it gets painted, I'll just mask the firewall there and paint it black. I also went with a new primer mix of 8 parts primer, 1 hardener and 3 of thinner. Opened up the paint knob a bit on the gun, little more air pressure and more air in the gun and was much happier with the results. I got a smoother finish and it covered better. I only had one run and that was in an awkward area where I didn't move fast enough and was too close.

Pics:

Was the dent on the top side of the rocker. Turned out ok.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 03-10-2010 at 11:24 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote