View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #149
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Alright, got a bit more done today.

I got the upper shock mounts done and welded onto my crossmember, which will also tie into the upper panhard mount.

Cut down the stock shock mounts.

Welded onto my cross member. It's actually a bed rail from a '69 K20 stepside. The bed was junk, and I happened to wander past it and thought, "Ah hah! That'll work!" So, voila.

I also took a pic of tires for comparison. From left to right it's as follows:

F78-14 (came on the car)
205/70R15 (old tire off my parents Lumina)
235/75R15 (tire off my truck...which would explain the baldness)

I'd like to be able to fit a 235 under the car, but I think it might be a little too tall, so I'll probably try to find a 225 and squeeze it in. I'm not worried about width, as long as I can find like a 15x7 or a 15x8 rim, with around 4-4.5" backspacing. Then we'll be cookin'!

I also unbolted the rear end, and rolled that out of the way. Took off my crossmember that acts as an upper spring mount.

Then I started to wire wheel. Just trying to clean up as much of the rust as possible, along with find other problem areas in the belly pan. Any chance I can get to slow the rust down, along with doing it properly, I will attempt to seize. I'd really prefer not to half ass this one, ya know?

And that's where she sits again tonight. I'm hoping to get back at it tomorrow, and hopefully this weekend I can claim completion on the fabrication of the rear suspension. What joyful day that'll be!

Well, I'm off to play catch up with homework..

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote