Thread: Gauge Upgrade!
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
Tezjoe84

Gauge Upgrade!

Finelly got a few pics of the gauges, Sorry there's not many of the complete install, my batteries went dead about an hour into it (nephews playing with the camera etc...)

Anyhow, here's what I came out with. Their all Autometer Ultra-lite II's, These things looked awsome when lit up so I paid a few extra bucks to order them, the alumnium bezel is a major pain to round out yourself if you don't have access to a good machine shop. I'd say all in all it was a pretty easy upgrade, I did alot of reading on here especially from past installs and ordered everything I could, I.E. Wiring harness, bezel, etc... I added a shift light but decided to put it on the dash corner rather than the column like orginally planned, Right now i'm using the column shift so I didn't like the idea of putting it there, I'll eventually have a floor shifter installed, so I may move it down there later.

Here's what I got so far...

First day Disassembly, We done this over 2 days, first day i'd say we spent about 2 hours fitting everything into the alumnium bezel and factory dash inserts. then about 8 hours the next day finishing the fitting, wiring, and changing out and running wires needed to sending units... Speedo, temp, and oil pressure.

completely gutted...

Here's when we finished everything in the bezel.

and after trimming out the plastic bezel

Unfortunately this is where my camera went dead, so the rest of the pics are just of the finished product...

snapped this with my phone before I stuck the shift light to the dash with some double sided tape.

Here's a few in the dark...

1957 Chevy 3100 Stepside
Tezjoe84 is offline   Reply With Quote