View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Pullin81

My 86 GMC Short Box...First truck

Well this was my first truck got it when i was 17 and its been a snowball effect ever since now 22 years old...

Little bit about it i guess is in order....

My dad purchased this truck for me $3700 my first vehicle..... had a 305/700r4/ 10bolt peg leg 3.08 gears...Sinche then its had 3 engines 4 transmissions and 2 diffs......I call it the snowball effect.

I have spent a ton of money on this truck over time...

-It currently has a rollerized gen 5 BBC with approx +- 500hp. the truck now has a stage 2 turbo 400 tested to 900 hp with a 10 inch converter. The rear end is the factory 10 bolt stuffed with 3.73 hd gears and a powertrax locker with a moser studded aluminum diff cover.

-Exterior is all new sheet metal excet the driver side box side and tailgate and rockers.... the paint is now three years old and has taken some abuse....i drive it like i stole it hahaha.... i would like to redo it again sometime needs rockers and i wasnt happy with the job on the cab corners it was my first try..... as you can see all the other things like grill, hood, rool pan, wheels tires, new lights all around, painted drip rails, new glass all around.

-Interior is all new aswell...The seats are from the states i ordered them form trucknvans.com... the gauges are all autometer pro comp and the tach is a sport comp... covans classic gaugle cluster(i do not recomend its expencive and the fit and finish is crappy).... hand made lower door panels... carpet.....b&M truck shifter...Glued in head liner which is red..im going to dye it sooner or later.... Billet mirror...Sony deck kickers subs and amp....mtx 6x9s and mtx amp.... all coming out.... the motor sounds better no time for tunes....

Well thanks for looking at my truck hope you enjoy it....Like i say i plan on tearing the truck down in the future i have a 9" ford to put in it and im going to give it a mini tub job.... want to make it the ultimate street machine....just fast enough that i dont have to chop it up and put a cage in it

Ill get some more pictures up as i resize them........
Attached Images

Last edited by Pullin81; 03-21-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Pullin81 is offline   Reply With Quote