View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 04:17 PM   #42
JCampbell
Account Suspended

Re: '77 3+3 C30 Dually - "The "Sled"

Quick update.

I took Friday off in anticipation of doing nothing, but when I finally rolled out of bed at 8:00 AM, the Sled was sitting in the driveway...staring at me...taunting me...mocking me.

So I got busy. It’s time to get this rig back on the means streets of Southern California.

The pics aren’t really all that exciting, but they’re pics nonetheless.

@ 9:30 AM-ish:

@ 1:30 PM-ish (took a 3-hour break to take the kid to the Dr.’s):

Q: What’s hotter than my hot Wife, running a piece of equipment supporting the classic sheetmetal of a square?

A: Nothing.

I kept the front clip together as an assembly and stuck it in the backyard. It’s going to be replaced with the front clip off the ’83 parts truck.

Small gap in the picture taking...I was busy...sue me. Pulled the motor and trans as an assembly...the wife ran point in the New Holland again for that. She did a great job. Here’s the motor is sitting in the garage. I’m pretty sure there’s more oil and grease on the outside than on the inside.

End of the day, Friday. As of Saturday, the power steering pump/hoses have been removed from the Hydraboost, the HVAC plenum is on the table in my garage and the frame is squeaky clean courtesy of a gallon of degreaser and the pressure washer.

The motor and trans is leaving for the race shop on Saturday. I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who pulled some strings for me. It’s not going to be a monster, but it’ll have a few more ponies than stock. It’ll be a nice cruiser.
JCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote