View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 03:56 PM   #28
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: My whole braking system - thinking out loud

I might just take you up on that offer. Yes I can position the caliper so that closely matches the front calipers.

I've been doing some research on the Wilwood calipers. The ones for the narrower rotors, are spec'd for a 1.04" thick rotor. The Impala SS rear rotors measure .790 thick, which is quite a bit thinner.... .250 to be exact. As of now I haven't been able to find any info on the allowable stroke of the pistons in the Wilwood calipers. I may just need to give Wilwood a call. I don't know if the thinner rotors would be an issue or not, but .250 thinner seems like a bit much. An optional rotor to look at would be the lincoln rotors. They have the 5x5 bolt pattern, are only .060 smaller in diameter than the Impala SS rotors, but they are .955 thick. At this point they look like a better match to me. The one drawback to the lincoln rotors, is that the axle flanges need to be turned down to fit inside the hat of the rotor. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingchuck View Post
I just ordered a set of the Wilwood's off of eBay last night. You are more than welcome to use them for a mock up.

Believe it or not this leads me to another question... I noticed on the current brackets you make it looks like it mounts the caliper at the 3 o'clock position. Is it possible to clock it slightly upwards so it "matches" the position of the front caliper?

Thanks a million for getting something going on this...
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote