View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
79gmc5.3
6.0L power.........

Re: 79 GMC Sierra LWB 6.0L swap

Making a little progress. Got the fuel system installed went with a walbro 255 external fuel pump with steel lines to the engine bay and rubber FI hose up to the fuel rails, new heater hoses got the return line on the power steering cut and ran, did I read in Bobs thread that there is a fitting on the back of the old P/S pump that will fit the new P/S pump and use the old high pressure line from the old P/S pump, is this right? I took this fitting out but have not tried it on the new pump. Got the brake booster vacuum hose installed, wired temp and oil pressure to gauges. Cleaned up all the wiring with new split loom and removed the wires I am not going to need. Still waiting on the harness and ECM from W4M. Trying to decided where to put the ECM and TAC. Got the gas pedal cut and welded like Bob did. I am trying to decide on headers now(thanks to seeing Dennis latest pics). I am going to run a 2 1/4" Y pipe to a 3" high flow CAT to a 3' single inlet 2 1/2 dual outlet Magnaflow muffler. I like the Y pipe that Dennis used. I think that is about it. Sorry no pics I'll try to post a video of first start!
1995 Mustang GT 347
79gmc5.3 is offline   Reply With Quote