View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #238
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Thanks James. I learn something or get better at something everytime I work on it. I tried to weld up the crack in the window guide and I think it turned out ok. I'll post a pic after the weld is ground down. Straightened the back channel piece better. Finished all of the welding for the inner panel and got most of the grinding done with that. Removed the vent window. Did some hammer and dolly work on the inner door flange to straighten it back out after removing the outer skin and spot welds. And I layed the new skin on to see how it fits. There are a couple little things to do before it will sit correctly, but I think it will be alright.

I ordered 50 sqft of fatmat. Got a kit from sounddeadener.com for $79 and it comes with a knife and roller. Pretty good deal. I have to go through my parts storage to see what window seals and felts I have, if any. I'll probably have to buy all of it.

There are still a few things to do before the new skin goes on, but I'm getting there. The other door should go a little better with the experience I have now.

I have a small sample of the paint I want and I'm hoping it is enough to do the firewall behind the engine. Then I can set the cab back down on the mounts and get a better idea of how stuff is fitting.

Does anyone know where to get those little square nuts that go in the doors for the door panel screws? I had a couple pop out and one that a screw broke off in I need to replace.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote