View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #43
nrb's70gmc

Re: HEI Ignition Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by highperf4x4 View Post
To get the cap sitting like it did originally and still have your precut wires fit like they're supposed to then you'd want to unbolt the dizzy, lift it back up and spin the rotor counter clockwise a little bit. You just want to jump a few teeth on the worm gear and then stab it back. That's the proper way to do it as it will keep #1 where it should be on the cap.

Can you tell me what crate motor you have and which headers so I can avoid buying them?

80.00 for plugs is insane.

The only shorty plug I see from Accell on Summit that's over 10.00 is the double platinum. However, they have it in a standard u-groove for 3.95.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/P...rd=spark+plugs

will rotating the rotor affect the timimg (or i guess because the hole thing is being rotated it should all line up again)????

i looked at summit also for prices on plugs and i can remember when i ordered these plugd from napa they came out to around $8.00 a piece, they did not come in a set either lol.

i love my headers (thorly tri y's) and the crate engine was just a basic long block from pep boys.
1970 2wd 3/4 ton- 2004 crate 350 thorley tri-y headers-edelbrock performer eps manifold 600cfm performer carb, crane cams energizer cam,lifters, dual 2.5 magnaflows, mallory HEI, powermaster 140 amp altenator, griffen aluminum radiator.(8 MPG)
nrb's70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote