View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 04:42 PM   #46
nrb's70gmc

Re: HEI Ignition Problem

UPDATE truck is doing same thing (its not fixed yet damn it)

i drove the truck today for about 10 minutes than it sat for 1 1/2 hours then i dove it again for about 10 minutes (went to the gym 10 minutes there and 10 minutes back) it stat for a good 2 hours after that. then i drove it for about another ten minutes (i drove to the bank) i forgot somthing drove back to my house ( let the truck run while i ran in the house) then i drove it back to the bank as soon as i was pulling in the parking spot it stalled i put in park and tried to start it (nothing) i went into the bank for about five minutes came out and let the truck sit for another 5 minutes it started right up i was pulling out of the parking lot and it stalled-i managed to get it into a parking spot.

i sat there for about another 15 minutes i started the tuck up and drove home (about 10 minutes)

like i said before i dont know if the module that is in there is good or not but seeing i replaced everything else (in dist) im thinking it could be going bad (i also believe my spare module is bad)

I really dont think this is a spark plug issue because im getting spark and the truck ran fine today and the #1 plug did not look bad at all when i pulled it.

what do you guys think it may be?
1970 2wd 3/4 ton- 2004 crate 350 thorley tri-y headers-edelbrock performer eps manifold 600cfm performer carb, crane cams energizer cam,lifters, dual 2.5 magnaflows, mallory HEI, powermaster 140 amp altenator, griffen aluminum radiator.(8 MPG)
nrb's70gmc is offline   Reply With Quote